Holiday Sales Associate (Temporary with Long-Term Potential)
Bonboni Mercantile Co. is a small lifestyle boutique in the Historic Shaw Neighborhood with a boho-chic style that sells vintage home goods, clothing, and gift items for the family. Bonboni Mercantile Co. has been named the “Most Beautiful Store in Missouri” by Architectural Digest, and the “Best New Home Goods Store” by St. Louis Magazine.
We are looking to expand our sales team with a Holidays Sales Associate to work during November and December. Candidates must have availability on Fridays from 10am-4pm, Saturdays from 10am-6pm, and Sundays from 11am-4pm each weekend in November and December. This is a 2-month temporary position, but could turn into a part-time and long-term position for a successful candidate.
A successful Holidays Sales Associate candidate will be highly personable and enthusiastic, with an ability to interact with a wide variety of personality types. Candidates should have a background in a boutique retail setting or have a demonstrated natural ability to provide top-notch customer service and design eye-catching merchandising displays.
Your regular duties & responsibilities will include the following:
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through proactive excellent sales service
- Research and keep abreast of product information and features so you are a trusted authorities to customers. The stories behind the items are often a strong selling point, so learning those will be beneficial for your success
- Create eye-catching visual merchandising displays and rearrange products as items sell. Since many of our items are one-of-a-kind, displays are constantly being rearranged
- Ascertain customers’ needs and wants and gently recommend products ranging from vintage home goods, gifts, to clothing that match customers’ needs
- Welcome all customers with a friendly greeting per the sales training manual
- Manage point-of-sale processes including handling cash and credit cards
- Neatly wrap and bag purchases for customers
- Tag and process new inventory as directed
- Maintain outstanding store condition by dusting, sweeping, and cleaning windows during each shift
- Follow a store opening and closing procedures
- Follow all of Bonboni’s policies and procedures
Compensation is $11/hour
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below.